Thursday, May 29, 2008

Celebration, Jubilation and Exclamation




Some one very near and dear to me graduated from high school with honors  last night. I don't often get a chance to spend time with her but I definitely wanted to be  there to  celebrate her accomplishments. Some time last week I did a post on  the search for the perfect dress,  as you can see from this post my outfit went in a totally different direction.  While  away for the weekend, I meandered  into Zara after spotting the perfect fringe handbag in the store window,  and this gorgeous ombre tank style dress caught my eye.  Then right across from Zara's I saw the perfect shoes to wear with my dress. Yes I know this is just an excuse to buy more shoes  I don't need  but it works!  I wish my memory card was here because these pics  don't do the dress any justice! I'm waiting for pictures from my family members but you know how that is it could be months! Yes I'm wearing the dreaded leggings but the dress is open in the front with a very short see thru cream underpinning and I'm not trying to expose my goodies or my thighs to the general public in that way! 

Outfit, Dress- Zara, Shrug (which has a belt so it's not really a shrug more like a vest)-,  Old Navy, Leggings- Hue, Shoes- Aldo, Headband- Fabric swatch from a store in L.A., Jewelry- my usual as of late, Hermes buckle bracelet and ivory bangles. 

2 comments:

karla deras said...

love your strappy shoes :)

eyetechfashionista said...

Loving the shoes. I actually have them in brown. I just know we're going to see this dress again without the leggings right LOL.